Administrative Council Minutes
August 27, 2017
At 4:33 p.m. Glen Norman called the meeting to order in the Hospitality Roomwith __18__ persons present. Glen opened the meeting with prayer.
Finance Chairman, Scott Browers, was absent but the Minutes of the August 21, 2017 were distributed.
· See exhibit A attached: Finance Committee Minutes: 21 August 2017
· Comments included: Charge Conference will be November 12, 2017.
· Scott requires all committee chairpersons to turn in their projected budget needs for 2018 to him no later than September 29th.
· Little Saints Child Development Center and Saint Paul UMC in good shape.
Trustee Chairman, Jamie Owen, reported we are still waiting on the 24 passenger truck title to be located.
· T-shirts for the Youth have been ordered.
· Theme for the September 9th Fair Parade Float will be “Jesus, is the Sweetest Name I Know.”
· The 9 foot trailer will be decorated with a large GUM BALL MACHINE and youth and young persons will distribute the candy that is currently being collected just outside the church office.
· VOLUNTEER HELP is needed to decorate the float which will be on the SPUMC grounds next Saturday, September 2.
· Need a LARGE sign for the float stating: “JESUS IS THE SWEETEST NAME I KNOW ”
· Children can wear any shirt with the church logo on it.
Children’s Ministry chair, Amy Coleman, asked for input regarding TRUNK OR TREAT this year.
· Replies included, last year people got in the mix and we served 400 people from the community. We had planned for 100 people. She was encouraged to go BIG rather than small. The date is yet to be determined.
Evangelism Chair, Holly Money, stated we still need a lot more candy. The fair parade will be on September 9th.
Youth Minister, Jared Guinn, told us the fall schedule for the youth in on the youth page in the Newsletter.
In the absence of the UMW president, Anne Dixon, Mary Kay announced the Brownie Sale during Beats and Eats and also the sales on the following Sunday cleared $246.00.
Pastor Matthew reported receiving lots of feedback to his requests made in the June Council meeting and also lots of nominations for persons to accompany him to observe the Munger Kitchen Groups in Dallas.
· He will email the questions raised to the Munger Kitchen Groups in advance of our visit. A visit may not be practical in September.
· Hazel Dickey in the recent finance meeting stated that the general congregation is not aware of the decisions and activities discussed in the Administrative Council meetings. She suggested that on the Monday after the Sunday evening meeting, the Minutes of the meeting be sent for immediate tweaking and correcting to the Administrative Council members. Then they be published as soon as possible for the congregation to read on our Saint Paul web site, wwwspumcsearcy.com. 25 printed copies shall be made available for pick up on the glass table on Sunday morning each month.
Glen asked for a review of last meeting minutes. Motion by Danny Townsend with 2nd by Lynn Pence. Approved.
There being no further business or reports the meeting was dismissed.
Sharron Alcantar and Mary Kay James